Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Mission


 Hello, my name is Noah Brewster. I’m a God fearing young man, and I am continually trying to be more like Him. It truly disheartens me to see the way that the world is today. In today’s society, people state that you can’t be mature or experienced if you don’t involve yourself in the ways of the world. This method of thinking implies that we must go to a public school, hang out with heathen friends, and watch, read, and listen to things of the world. I completely disagree, (or should I say God disagrees). 1 John 2:15 says “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” So, if you are hanging out with heathens, listening to immoral music, or doing immoral acts, then the love of God is evidently not in you. If you are doing these sinful things, then you are probably not truly saved. I abstain from the ways of the world to ensure my innocence, and if I happen to be unfamiliar with some worldly things that we (supposedly) need to know, then so be it. At least I will be more morally upright. God loves us all, but if any one of us is caught up in the sins of the world, then we won’t go to heaven. Nothing personal, but we would be of no use to Him. I see this world as a place where we Christians do not belong. And in that, we must take these trials to grow ourselves in any way that we can. Romans 5:3 says “We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance.” I believe that our goal in life should be to 1) find Christ and accept him as our lord and Savior. 2) To grow more and more each day. And 3) bring others to the saving grace of Christ. I’ve started this blog because I have a lot of opinions about the Word of God and its relationship to how we live our lives, and it would be a sin for me to conceal information about God that could help to benefit you spiritually. I pray that I can be a good influence to help you grow in your undaunted walk with the Father.

In Christ,
Noah Brewster




2 comments:

  1. I understand the point you're trying to make here that Christians should separate themselves from the world. But I believe you're being slightly misleading when you say " if any of us is caught up in the sins of the world you won't go to Heaven". That's quite an accusation that isn't Biblical. The Bible states that once you put your trust in Christ we are sealed for eternity. And to say that if you do a worldly sin you won't go to heaven isn't correct. You and I, as Christians, sin every day. No matter how hard you try to be Christ like, and mature ( and that's a good thing ) you'll still sin daily. But that doesn't affect in any way your salvation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kirsten,

      The Bible clearly says in James 4:4 “Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." This clearly states that people make themselves an enemy of God when they make the world their friend. God would not take enemies to heaven.

      I never said that if we do a worldly sin that we won't go to heaven. We all sin every day, but there is a big difference between sinning, and being caught up in a sin. If any one of us is "caught up" in a sin, then we will not make it to heaven. The Bible states that we are known by our fruits whether we are saved or not, and if we are doing these things, then did we really mean it when we said the prayer? Did the message really sink in?

      The Bible makes it very clear what kind of people won’t make it to heaven In 1 Corinthians Chapter 6:9-10 “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” Please search the scriptures yourself; I am sure that you will come to the same understanding as I have.



      In Christ,

      Noah

      Delete