Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2018

TAKE CONTROL!!!

Hello Friends,

Something has had me quite perplexed lately. More and more I keep seeing people doing and saying things that can be harmful to themselves and to others around them. When I witness these things, I can't help but think these people either can't control themselves, or worse yet, that they just don't want to. 

Self control is key in sustaining a positive and healthy atmosphere. To further grasp this thought, let's look at what it means.  According to Wikipedia, Self Control is the ability to control one's emotions and desires, especially in difficult situations.  Now I understand it may be difficult to do this, especially if you are use to living a certain way, but it is very important that we control our thoughts and our actions in order to make a better future for ourselves and for others. Like Trainerbobonline.com states repeatedly - "You must TAKE CONTROL."

Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control." - Proverbs 25:28.

In this day and age so many people struggle with refraining from using bad language, making harmful jokes, thinking immoral thoughts, influencing people in a negative way, etc. Whether you are a Christian or not, I think you'd agree that we should always try to control ourselves.

I have had such a difficult time meeting quality people because they can't seem to stay morally upright and professional. This frustrates me because I care about everyone, and sometimes it seems like I care about them more than they seem to care about themselves. I guess this is probably how God feels, but nonetheless it should change.

I am going to continue to self evaluate my thoughts and actions, and I would ask that you do the same. To make a better future for ourselves, we need to take control and refrain from letting emotion and fleshly desires to dictate what we do.  I think this is a very reasonable, yet crucial thing to do.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment