Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2018

FOCUS ON THE FUTURE, BUT ENJOY THE PRESENT

Hello Friends,

I recently realized that I was too focused on the future; so focused in fact, that I started neglecting the things in the present. Now don't get me wrong, it is important to have goals, and life requires that we have goals in order for our life to be a success, however, we should never be so focused on the future that we begin to ignore all of the blessings we have in the present.  Ecclesiastes 8:15 says - ".. A man has no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labor the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun."

We should always strive for perfection, but we should never let that focus distract us from the good things that are happening in our everyday lives. I found that in the past, all my focus was on reaching and exceeding my goals, this caused me to become especially upset when I would reach a roadblock. And might I add that roadblocks are healthy from time to time as they will help you build character, and they can help you become grateful for all the times that life goes well. 

I have met so many people who have been depressed in their everyday lives. The main sign of this is laziness. I have witnessed many people, who just sit around without truly enjoying the things God has given them. We are too quick to just waist time, when we should be reading, having wholesome conversations with people, conducting Bible studies, and doing little healthy things to treat ourselves. It is very important that we stay positive and stay productive at working toward our happiness.

Now after some thought and prayer, I am still focused on my goals, but my attention is also on the good things in my life. We all have things to be thankful for in our lives, such as: family, friends, hobbies, food, work, God's grace, etc. We just need to remember to be grateful and thankful for all that God has done for us, and to remember that we are blessed in both the present and the future.

God Bless,
Noah Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment