Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Chapter A Day Keeps the Devil Away

Hello friend,
First off today I would like to apologize for how long it has taken me to update my blog. Life has kept me very busy with my You-tube show that I just concluded and Bible studies that I have been attending. It has been fun, but I am thankful to be back doing the Lords work.

I have a very legitimate concern for the state of our country. People don’t read their Bible anymore. Christians will go extended amounts of time without reading the Word. This truly disheartens me because I understand why they aren’t. I also know the consequences that can come from an absence from God’s word. It can be difficult to pick it up, and there have been many times where I have gone weeks without reading it. I know for a fact that I am saved, but sometimes it can be difficult to strive for perfection, especially when you don’t find yourself growing. This is often what can cause absenteeism in the spirit. Over the past two months, I have been reading the Bible nearly every day. I have been noticing the success of my life improving, and thank God, I know that the flesh has less hold on me now than what it did when my life was lacking God’s word.

James 4:7 says – “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”  Do you want to resist the devil? Of course you do. Paul told us how to do this in Romans 10:17 – “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” A strong spirit comes from having faith and reading the word. This will grow us, and the stronger our sprit is, the more equipped we will be to face up against the coaxing of our flesh.

The philosophy that this world has is wrong. People will claim that life is gray, lacking the separation of black and white. I totally disagree. Because we live on this planet and have flesh, it may appear to us this way as well, but when we read God’s word, we will be able to distinguish the two more easily. As a Christian brother, I would challenge you to read one chapter or more of the Bible each day and see how the word of God can aid in the improvement of your quality of life.

In Christ,
Noah Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment